MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Tiny Bug: "Who is online" counting wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

at the bottom there is shown "Who is online"? If you are online as admin in ghost mode the numers are wrong:
"2 users active in the past 10 minutes (1 member, 1 of whom is invisible, and 0 guests).
admin*"
You see "admin" is online, he is invisible. "1 of whom is invisible," is correct, but it must not be added to the whole number of users online. ;-)

I think this applies for invisible users too (not admins only).

I'm still using 1.4.4

masa
I've noticed this in the past, too. I think someone else reported it as a bug but it was marked bogus for no particular reason.
This bug was fixed in the 1.4.5 release. Please upgrade (preferrably to 1.4.6) to resolve the problem.

If upgrading doesn't fix the problem, then please tell us! Smile

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42053.html
Eh, right. Seems fixed I guess. But why does it count bots? That's just silly!
(2009-05-11, 08:55 AM)bobbit Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, right. Seems fixed I guess. But why does it count bots? That's just silly!

They are visitors too Toungue

By default, they are included in the WOL count. You can of course just remove the block of code that counts them(!).
Toungue

Perhaps that block should be made into a configuration option. Shouldn't be too much work. Should I make a suggestions thread or has it been suggested before?
(2009-05-11, 09:02 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]They are visitors too Toungue

LOL

(2009-05-11, 09:18 AM)bobbit Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps that block should be made into a configuration option. Shouldn't be too much work. Should I make a suggestions thread or has it been suggested before?

The serious problem with your idea probapbly is: "Who is a bot?". Except Google, Yahoo and MSN: Can you identify bot a in reliable way? Tricky thing.
(2009-05-11, 09:22 AM)Masa Wrote: [ -> ]The serious problem with your idea probapbly is: "Who is a bot?". Except Google, Yahoo and MSN: Can you identify bot a in reliable way? Tricky thing.

Their user agent is normally what identifies them - the "mainstream" bots don't normally change it, so it's quite reliable to identify them this way.
right... as I said, the mainstream bots can be indentified easily (fix IP). But there are dozens of other (search engine) bots out there.
...which don't get identified anyway. So the ones that get identified don't get counted, and the ones that get identified do. There's no point in complicating a perfectly simple matter.
Pages: 1 2