MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recaptcha Included?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like the choice of either using captcha or recaptcha without modifications etc.

I would like it to be included in the search.php file as well with the option to choose captcha or recaptcha.
As far as I know, there isn't a massive need for ReCaptcha in MyBB, or for a CAPTCHA in the search either.

For search, there's flood control. You can set the limit a usergroup has to wait for between each search which IMO, is much more effective than having to continuously fill in a CAPTCHA just to search a forum. You can even disable search for guests, bots or normal members - whoever you want.
Ya, MyBB is one of the few forums that bots still don't seem to bother much. There used to be a plugin for recaptcha though(I think).
(2009-05-12, 01:34 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Ya, MyBB is one of the few forums that bots still don't seem to bother much. There used to be a plugin for recaptcha though(I think).

There still is. I use it on my forum.
I agree that a native reCaptcha system would be nice.
I also agree.
ReCaptcha has a horrible UI. I can't see it being implemented for 'extra' security when the security isn't breached in the first place. Seems very unnecessary.

If you search for 'ReCaptcha' on the Mods Site you'll find the plugin, and it works without any problems.