MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subscription Payments Included?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I would like the option to charge paid subscriptions with Paypal, 2checkout, etc.
Labrocca has a subscription plugin, he plans to add more features. You can find him on mybbcentral.com
I don't believe this should be a default feature. It has nothing to do with core forum functionality, and almost all forums don't need this.
(2009-05-11, 06:09 PM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]and almost all forums don't need this.

How would you know that? Toungue

Personally, I think it should be added. But I'm sure if it is going to be added, it would be in Mybb 2.0
If its added, then it would be great, it would be +1 feature in new mYBB. Otherwise its fine.
(2009-05-12, 01:28 AM)Stephon Wrote: [ -> ]But I'm sure if it is going to be added, it would be in Mybb 2.0

You could say so - 1.6 probably won't feature this by default.

I agree with Imad, the majority of forums won't be needed a subscription portal I would imagine; It's already a plugin too, so there is no need to make it default in the 1.x series.
I don't think it should be in 2.0 either. This is best suitable as a plugin IMO.
The potential for abuse IMO, far outweighs its advantages as a default, free feature. It's best left as is.
(2009-05-12, 07:36 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]The potential for abuse IMO, far outweighs its advantages as a default, free feature. It's best left as is.

How exactly would one abuse it? Huh

I myself wont ever move my other forum over to mybb till this feature is added.
My main concern would be users overusing the feature, thus ruining their forums (charging for every little privilege).
Pages: 1 2 3