MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who is Online randomly resetting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using the latest Mybb 1.4.6.
The issue started happening after our portal started using the forum database for news/downloads and general content loading OR after we upgraded from 1.4.5 to 1.4.6. Not sure which of the 2 triggered it because those happened at the same time.

So the issue at hand:
No matter what settings I set (refresh time,Cut-off Time) the who is online list randomly resets. And by resets I mean for example one second it reports 560 users online (50 members,510 guests) and the next second I refresh the index it shows 3 users online (me and 2 guests).
It looks like it is reaching some limit which causes it to reset the status of online members to offline or something like that...after the 'reset' members and guests start being added in the list until it resets again (it is not periodical).

I'm asking for any advice you guys could provide,since I have no idea what could be causing this...from what I see it is rather unlikely 1.4.6 did it so any ideas what might cause it?

Thanks in advance
URL?? Have you modified ./online.php or ./index.php at all??
Just curious to know the settings of Who's Online (in your Admin CP).
OK it seems we have worked around it. Our portal code (which was used in an older mybb 1.2 forum) had a db_clear_session called at some point,which was causing this reset.
We had that there because in mybb 1.2 without it we would get about 100k sessions from guests making the whole forum crawl.
We have disabled it for now and will monitor if the old bug will creep on us again.
MattRogowski: No and no
maaty: ATM it's at 6 mins refresh (2x the default) and 15mins cut-off (the default)

Thanks for trying to help people