MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password required to register
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be spiffy if there was a plug-in or feature so a random person has to know a secret code or password to even register on the board. No password=denied
My board would not get "trash" if we had this. Any suggestions?
I don't really see why. I mean it sounds like you want a private type of community. And, well because most forums aren't built for that you'll probably have to look into a paid mod.
(2009-05-12, 03:18 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really see why. I mean it sounds like you want a private type of community.

You sort of answered that for yourself.
Why not just disallow guest viewing and require admin activation...?? Seems like you wannt take 3 rights instead of a left, what you want to do is pretty much already possible... this would stop you getting 'trash' as you put it, you just don't activate people you don't want, you delete them instead. Why not use a custom profile field, and make it required?? If it isn't right, delete.
You just defeated the purpose of separate user accounts. If MyBB wanted it to be that way, there would be one user account, one mod account, and one admin account. Then they would share the corresponding password.

Your idea is relatively pointless. Disable registrations if you want to accomplish that.