MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am an absolute noob to this, I have created my myBB forum and got to the "Database Configuration" Step, I have no idea on what to do here, if someone could explain to me what I do I would very much appreciate it.

Don't say just type in your database username and password and click next, because I haven't even created a database.

All help is greatly appreciated.
You will have to either read some help documentation from your host about how to create a new database or you'll have to ask them to create a database for you.

Not much we can do at this point.

Good luck.
(2009-05-12, 07:50 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]You will have to either read some help documentation from your host about how to create a new database or you'll have to ask them to create a database for you.

Not much we can do at this point.

Good luck.

Thanks

BTW
My hosting company is: co.za
If anyone has any experience or knows how to access the cPanel with this domain please help.
It seems that co.za is just domain registration. Do you have an actual host - like HostGator or something? Somewhere that you upload your files to?

Probably best to just email them and ask them to point you in the right direction...
(2009-05-12, 08:47 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that co.za is just domain registration. Do you have an actual host - like HostGator or something? Somewhere that you upload your files to?

Probably best to just email them and ask them to point you in the right direction...

They emailed me back, I now can access the cPanel and Mysql.
Does anyone have a tutorial on Database Configuration? Or point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Assuming your cPanel is the same version as I use... there should be an option on the cPanel homepage called MySQL Databases. Click that and you can create a database, a user with a password, and then assign the user to the database (give it all rights when prompted). You'll then have the details to put into the MyBB installer. If your cPanel isn't set out like that though, as before, your host would be able to give you exact details, we're only really able to point you in the right direction.
(2009-05-12, 12:49 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming your cPanel is the same version as I use... there should be an option on the cPanel homepage called MySQL Databases. Click that and you can create a database, a user with a password, and then assign the user to the database (give it all rights when prompted). You'll then have the details to put into the MyBB installer. If your cPanel isn't set out like that though, as before, your host would be able to give you exact details, we're only really able to point you in the right direction.

Following your advice, I reached completion!
I now have a sexy smooth running myBB forum. I also would like to thank all the users for helping me! This is such a friendly and kind community!

Thanks Again!
Mendacious
Whey Big Grin Good to hear Smile
I host Mendacious's forum on my servers space. I have a server block that I can resell. He needs to fix my forum on www.lowcarbsa.com/forum which he hacked. I don't know why and how he did it but we have an agreement that he'd fix it and I will host his forum for him. Hate to make a deal with a hacker it is like making a deal with the devil, but somehow I hope he will keep his end of the bargain. Else I would just remove his forum from my server space.