MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with minimum no. of charactewrs per post.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello I set the minimum no. of characters per post to 15. But some user still be able to quote a post w/out typing any characters on their post just qoute.. How can I solve this? Thanks!
URL and test account...??
Huh? what do you mean Matt?
Can we have a URL and test account...
Well, if they are quoting a post that's more than 15 characters then they have more than 15 characters in their post - no?
* Matt facepalms

I mis-read it, yeah Tom's right. There will still be 15+ characters in that post because of the quote.
Tomm M. & Matt.

What I want is they need to post atleast 15 characters not counting the post that is qouted..

Do you know how to solves this?
At the moment, I can't think of a suitable way to do it. You're better off requesting a plugin, or looking around the resource sites for a plugin (if it exists).
(2009-05-12, 12:58 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment, I can't think of a suitable way to do it. You're better off requesting a plugin, or looking around the resource sites for a plugin (if it exists).

^That's the example. What I'm trying to point out here is that it doesn't make sense when you're quoting a post without typing or posting your own thought on why you're quoting it.
Realistically, there's no way to code that efficiently. The minimum post check counts the characters in the box you type in, and makes sure that what the user has put in the box is higher than the minimum.

What we'd have to do is to count how many characters there are outside of quote, code and php tags.

Any suggestions on how to do this effectively are welcomed, of course.
Pages: 1 2