MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post New Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello my fellow MYBBers!

Just installed the software for the first time and I will say I am impressed! it works great

I have 2 issues that I need to solve

1. Is there code I can add when someone is viewing a thread that they can start a new one (as well as reply to the current thread they are in)

2. I want to disable any and all html linking, but when My Code is on, it still seems to allow links despite my having turned off HTML

Thanks in advance!
1. In the showthread template, find {$newreply} and add {$newthread} before/after it, depending on where you want it.

2. This should be a code edit inside ./inc/class_parser.php but I can't find it now Toungue
(2009-05-12, 04:14 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]1. In the showthread template, find {$newreply} and add {$newthread} before/after it, depending on where you want it.

2. This should be a code edit inside ./inc/class_parser.php but I can't find it now Toungue

Is this the code in showthread?

// Mark this thread as read
mark_thread_read($tid, $fid);

// If the forum is not open, show closed newreply button unless the user is a moderator of this forum.
if($forum['open'] != 0)
{
eval("\$newthread = \"".$templates->get("showthread_newthread")."\";");

// Show the appropriate reply button if this thread is open or closed
if($thread['closed'] == 1)
{
eval("\$newreply = \"".$templates->get("showthread_newreply_closed")."\";");
}
else
{
eval("\$newreply = \"".$templates->get("showthread_newreply")."\";");
}
}
No not in the file, the template, in the ACP.
I'm lost.

Is this under "Manage templates"?

What line do I change?
Yes, expand the template set for your theme, then expand the Showthread Templates, open the showthread template, find {$newreply} and add {$newthread} before/after it...