MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: One forum installed, next failed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bit of an odd problem here...

I set up one forum, had some file permissions not set and got an error, fixed it and all is fine. Have installed 23 plugins without any problems at all.

But, I installed a second forum, separate database and folder, etc., and completely independent of the first one. This one gives the following error;

Language english ([long path..!]/forum/inc/languages/english) is not installed

I've double checked all the file permissions, re-uploaded the language section, plus a couple of other files like config, etc. No go!

Trying to go into the admin folder gives me this;

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/admin was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.9 Server at letsdoo.org Port 80

I'm a bit stumped here..!
Make sure ./inc/languages/, ./inc/languages/english/, and ./inc/languages/english/admin/ are CHMO to 755, and files inside are CHMOD to 644. Same for the admin, make sure ./admin/ is 755 as well as folders inside, and that files inside are 644.
Lo, and behold... Too long in front of a laptop!

Thanks Smile