MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] email verfication
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dodgy seems to be a bug for email verificaction

INSIDE OUTLOOK EXPRESS

To complete the registration process on Montreal, you will need to go to the URL below in your web browser.

http://www.mydomainname.com/member.php?a...oxooxoxoxo

If the above link does not work correctly, go to

http://www.mydomainname.com/member.php?action=activate

You will need to enter the following:
Username: myfakename
Activation Code: xoxoxoox

I didint ask for random password in Board Admin, I only ask to send them a email to verify its the user with the email not the other, can someone help me here ?
That is how email verification works.
(2009-05-12, 11:15 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]That is how email verification works.

I am not sure your understanding my Forum Activation problem Undecided

Ok in Admin there are 4 ways of Activation

1.=Automatic
2.=Send Email Verifaction ( thats what i got seleted )
3.=Send Random Password
4.=Admin Approval

2.=thats what i got seleted

Now when i signed up on the forum as a new user im sent a email to activate my accout with the passoword random
( thats Not what I have set in the Admin Control Panel )

but thats what its doing and to TOP it all off when I use the password sent as a random password which I dont have seleted in ADMIN PANEL it wont let me use neither the password nor the email random password ...
seems a bit funny if you ask me, basically nobody can sign in from what I see ?
That is not a random password - That is the email activation token. That is how MyBB knows that you read the email.
I know its not a random password selected but it send me a random password like wise ?
why do I have to use the password given in email when thats not what I have seleted in ACP ?
ITS ONLY supposed to send me email verification not a random password
For the last time, it is not a random password.