MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I did a neat thing, but...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I put my website banner and menu in the head section of my board, it works great and I love it, however, I did it in firefox, and it has major issues with IE 8 I know there are ways to work around it, I just don't know what they are.

You can see the board in question at Diabetic Pumpers Source

I don't have anymore time to work on the forum for now, have to get the rest of the site up. If anyone has a quick fix, please let me know.

Sue
What exactly are the issues in IE8?
(2009-05-13, 12:30 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly are the issues in IE8?

[Image: ss.png]

#1 covers part of the custom menu bar
#2 is a large box with the forum links in the center of the screen.
Must have something to do with the fact you are logged in. I have no view issues in IE8.
Why do Microsoft release a browser that's so crap??
(2009-05-13, 09:40 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Why do Microsoft release a browser that's so crap??

Because they need to have something installed on Windows by default.
The page breaks in IE6 but it also doesn't validate.

see http://validator.w3.org/

Some things I noticed:
There is a stylesheet within the body
link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href= ....etc..

I don't recall ever seeing the same name used for a class and an ID

I have never seen li class="#" - you also need to close your li

A quick look at the stylesheet seems to make me think it was intended to not allow IE to work. Since I have used nothing but notepad to code HTML for 4 years I may not be "up" on the new standards.

BTW: your banner image is WAY wider than my meger 1024 screen.
I am aware that it won't validate. I worked for hours on it and when I fixed one thing it broke something else.

The original stylesheet for the "menu" came with the names you see, but this program doesn't allow for the use of the php script it was calling for, or atleast it didn't work so I attempted to convert it to html. It looks really good on FireFox which is what I use most of the time, and as for the size of the banner? It was requested by the client, and you know the saying, the client is always right.

Thanks for the response, every little bit helps, and eventually I will get it all figured out.