MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Task Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

Today i have enabled all tasks from my task manager!

Eg - thread view, hourly and daily clean ups, sitemaps, weekly database backups and tables check

I had no problem while activating these tasks. But while activating database backups and tables check tasks, i got one warning or confirmation pop up that 'are you sure you want to enable cron job' something like that Toungue

So now i just want ask that is it harmful for database ? Or my database will crash coz mostly abv tasks will be running at 12 AM ..

So need your suggestions ... Thanks!
You mean you received this error message?

WARNING: You are about to enable a task that is only meant to be run via a cron

Basically, this means that MyBB can't run this task through the task manager, and needs a cron job setup on your server to run the task.

The only way to realistically tell what impact it will have is to wait and see - take a full backup 5 minutes or so before, and see what happens. It's almost impossible for us to tell! Toungue
Opps ... Then theres no point enabling them ? Wink

lolz .. no no Toungue i m not going to take any risk Big Grin *ROFL*
ive encountered same problem with u..
Me ? Toungue ahem ahem Smile talking to me or task manager Toungue Big Grin

Okay jokes apart well ... then wot did ya do ?
All you need to do is activate the task in the task manager, then create a cron job to run when you want it to run in your cPanel, or similar software.

When setting up a cron job, enter this as a the path:

php the/file/system/path/to/task.php x

Where x at the end is the task ID you want to run, and replacing the/file/system... with the path to the task.php file.
Hey thanks a lot ! Smile