MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best Image Editing Software.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was wondering what the best free image editing software is. I have tried GIMP but I think it is too complicated.

Anyone want to recommend a good one?
Raster images or vectors?
(2009-05-13, 09:29 AM)Jaze Wrote: [ -> ]Raster images or vectors?

I just googled them and I couldn't find anything. Are they even software's?
Raster image editors and vector image editors. Not every painting program supports each, so I asked which one? Do you want an image editor for regular bitmaps or for vectors?

Adobe Illustrator - Vectors
CorelPaint - Vectors
Paint.NET - Raster
I just want something that can do the same stuff as Photoshop and GIMP, but not as complicated as GIMP and free.
Raster and Vector are two very different forms of image editing, vector is based around paths and shapes and lines to put it simply.

Photoshop (and gimp) are Raster
Illustrator (and Inkscape) are Vector

(Ps. Sorry if my desciption of vector isnt very accurate, i didnt know how to explain the difference as i dont use them a whole lot)
you can also try Pixia

(yeah, vectors use math to draw lines, or something similar)
MS Paint??

No??

Sad
Oh, I see what you mean, and I have no idea. Huh

I just need to be able to create and edit images with ease. I would like it to have all the features that GIMP and Photoshop have, but not as complicated and free.

I just want something that can create and edit images, so I can make a theme for MyBB.

@Matt
I will never use MS Paint. It is SO bad!
Paint.net i believe is pretty good. I would reconmend though that you just buy an acedemic photoshop version or even a second hand older version. You wont regret it trust me.

Quote:I will never use MS Paint. It is SO bad!
Snob. :p
Pages: 1 2 3