MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private forum ? Permission settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Friends,

I was using vBulletin forum software for last 2-3 yrs but now i have discovered the power of MyBB Wink

I just need some help regarding permission settings :

1. How to set forum as private forum i.e guests can only view posts count and descr.

I tried following settings :
View forum & cannot view threads - but guests can still view thread titles Sad

2. I heard that in mybb, bots are considered as a guests. So what if i remove the reading permission of guests ? ( to increase members ) Google will stop indexing my forum ?

3. How to add advertisements between two posts or on right side of first post. Please dont suggest plugins, i tried them all - ads manager,inline ads etc. Sad Wink

Thanks !
1. You can't, there's no permission to show the count but not the content inside.
2. If you do that, I'd assume they'd just see a no permissions page, so your content couldn't get indexed. Why not make a new group for bots and put them in that??
3. Well, not much else we would suggest other than a plugin, I've used/installed most of them and they all worked perfectly well for me...
Ohk ! Thanks a lot bro.
Hey last que ...

Is it safe to move bots to registered members group ?

Thanks
You can actually use Google Webmaster tools and give the bot a login.