MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Updating from 1.2.7 to 1.4.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have been using myBB since 2006 and never updated it. It's still 1.2.7.. Because of security concerns and some issues we are considering an update to the current version.
Problem being the extra programming that we added to our website. We didn't change the code of myBB but we added some new tables to the database and our scripts are using myBB tables such as mybb_users, mybb_usergroups, mybb_threads, mybb_threadsread and so on. The scripts also read out the cookie the forum sets.

Before we start updating myBB I would like to know, if there were any changes to the database structure, the names of tables or fields in the database or the contents of the myBB cookie.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

(the website is www.opt-community.de - it's all German)
There were quite a few changes to the database, all plugins should be deactivated when going from 1.2 > 1.4 so it's a clean database, no non-core MyBB stuff, to avoid SQL errors, so I can foresee some issues with the non-MyBB stuff being there... to be honest the best way to tell if there would be errors would be to do a test run on a localhost or something.
(2009-05-14, 08:27 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There were quite a few changes to the database, all plugins should be deactivated when going from 1.2 > 1.4 so it's a clean database, no non-core MyBB stuff, to avoid SQL errors, so I can foresee some issues with the non-MyBB stuff being there... to be honest the best way to tell if there would be errors would be to do a test run on a localhost or something.

k. Thanks Matt. This is what we planned to do. I just thought there would be some kind of list with the changes regarding the database.