MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SPRUZ] I need help, please...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Domain holder: spruz.com (Purchased .com domain)

Problem:

Okay, So I downloaded a full MYBB ZIP. Example of how I uploaded.

ROOT->Images-> (Images of the ZIP folder)

After I uploaded all the images to the ROOT->IMAGES folder, I went to my userCP in the "Modify theme" area, uploaded the .XML, and selected "apply theme", and then I recieved an error saying "Invalid type".

Can anyone give me a full, noob friendly explanation of how to upload a MYBB theme? Surprisingly enough, I do program, however PHP,XML, and JS is not my area of intrest...

enclosed in attachment is a picture of the error, ty.

Spruz.com
Files must be .zip in order to upload as theme (such as .xml must be compiled as zip)

Does anyone have teamviewer? That would help greatly!
That's not even an error caused by MyBB... are you importing the theme by clicking Import Theme in the ACP...?? Where exactly do you see this message??
(2009-05-14, 08:45 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That's not even an error caused by MyBB... are you importing the theme by clicking Import Theme in the ACP...?? Where exactly do you see this message??

EXactly where I go:

Spruz.com
Login as Admin
"ADMIN" (allows me to see overview controls)
Design->Modify Theme
Theme Sharing-> Import theme file
I import the .ZIP containing the .XML file. Then I recieve the error. I know its probably not cause of MYBB however, its not allowing me to upload it... And Spruz forums are closed or i'd be posting there... Please help.
Not really sure where it says anywhere to import a theme like that, but OK... that's not how you do it. Make a new folder in ./images/, upload the images for the theme there, then go to ACP > Templates & Style > Import Theme. You don't use something like that to upload a theme for MyBB, not everyone has that sort of thing with their host so it wouldn't be done with something like that, that's probably to upload theme for the host control panel... Shy Didn't the theme you're using come with a readme file?? Should explain the process there if it did.
This might be a bit of a funny thing to say, but are you importing a MyBB theme into Spruz?

I wouldn't have thought the two would be compatible... Confused
That's what I thought, they're using a theme importer for the host control panel but not sure if they're trying to do it to use on their forum or on Spruz...