MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AC] Simulated Activity Task
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am working on a Simulated Activity Plugin for myBB. I have seen it used on other forum software, I would only encourage using it for development purposes however i imagine there are other uses for it.

Development
Set how many members/guests are added.

This will be a task, so you can set how often the guests/members are added to the online list. The users will be randomly assigned a topic.

Anyone interested in this?
Can you go further in detail?
So you are saying that a set amount of guests will be shown on who's online as each viewing a different thread?
I wonder what might be the use for it...
Interesting idea though...
(2009-05-17, 05:50 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]So you are saying that a set amount of guests will be shown on who's online as each viewing a different thread?

Yes, could be useful for other plugin generation.

(2009-05-17, 09:15 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what might be the use for it...
Interesting idea though...

I can see what this could be used for, but it's not my aim its up the the end user to be honest with their forum visitors.
If you are still making this mod, I would be interested. For communities just starting up and need a boost of life (superficially) we could use this until we get the real thing. As for the eithics...oh well. I guess it's a bit like make-up.

Either way; Do want! Smile
As it happens I have made such a plugin for this guy here

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-52047.html

But personally I don''t think that that would be such a great idea to have that plugin. Cos if your members find out that you have been lying, then it will make you (The admin) look pathetic and you might loose even those active members that you have. Just my 2 $
It's really to asisst in the development of themes and plugins for MyBB. It allows the developer to see how plugins perform or themes look with a flood of users. Very good.
(2009-07-01, 10:29 PM)compwhizii Wrote: [ -> ]It's really to asisst in the development of themes and plugins for MyBB. It allows the developer to see how plugins perform or themes look with a flood of users. Very good.

Exactly the reason i am creating this Smile. Will keep you all updated.