MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: what happened ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
overnight something happened.... the text in the main browser bar is gone, which is not that bad, but the main top forum link that was always there is gone, i have to browse to the main forum by clicking my banner... my co-mod says she lost all privileges.

anyone any idea what happened and more important, how do i fix it...

THANKS.
oh, when i login to the Admin CP all the links across the top are gone except "Home".
Log into your ACP, go to "Tools & Maintenance" and then look in the Admin Logs. If anything was done via the ACP, then it is recorded here, and who done it.

Obviously something has changed the templates - edit the header template and put the links back in I guess. Other than that, we can't really explain what happened. Someone/something must have changed it.
there's no "Tools & Maintenance" in the ACP... log files aren't accessible either. what is the name of the header template (ACP), can't i just copy the original over it....

this is crazy man :}
Open the theme templates, and open "Header Templates". Then edit the 'header' template. If it's coloured green, then just click the 'Options' menu next to it, and go to 'Revert to Original'.

"Tools & Maintenance" is a tab that runs along the top. Do you have full admin permissions? Do you use a hosted MyBB service?
whatever i click on the right (under Quick Access) does not work... nothing happened.

the tabs along the top are all gone except for "Home".. yup, full admin permissions, my MyBB is hosted at ixwebhosting and it worked for a good 2-3 weeks.

is going through the install a plan perhaps ? (after i delete lock)
wow.... i have a user that is not activated, but miraculously is member of the administrators.. wtf.
Well, re-running the install will reinstall it, but you'll lose all of your threads, members and posts. Take a full backup of your data just in case.

If you can, take a look in the database first. Open the _adminoptions table, and look for the 'permissions' field where your uid is. Full permissions should look something like this:

a:5:{s:6:"config";a:16:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"1";s:8:"settings";s:1:"1";s:7:"banning";s:1:"1";s:14:"profile_fields";s:1:"1";s:7:"smilies";s:1:"1";s:8:"badwords";s:1:"1";s:6:"mycode";s:1:"1";s:9:"languages";s:1:"1";s:10:"post_icons";s:1:"1";s:14:"help_documents";s:1:"1";s:7:"plugins";s:1:"1";s:16:"attachment_types";s:1:"1";s:9:"mod_tools";s:1:"1";s:7:"spiders";s:1:"1";s:9:"calendars";s:1:"1";s:7:"warning";s:1:"1";}s:5:"forum";a:5:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"1";s:10:"management";s:1:"1";s:13:"announcements";s:1:"1";s:16:"moderation_queue";s:1:"1";s:11:"attachments";s:1:"1";}s:5:"style";a:3:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"1";s:6:"themes";s:1:"1";s:9:"templates";s:1:"1";}s:5:"tools";a:13:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"1";s:13:"system_health";s:1:"1";s:5:"cache";s:1:"1";s:5:"tasks";s:1:"1";s:8:"backupdb";s:1:"1";s:10:"optimizedb";s:1:"1";s:8:"adminlog";s:1:"1";s:6:"modlog";s:1:"1";s:15:"recount_rebuild";s:1:"1";s:8:"php_info";s:1:"1";s:8:"maillogs";s:1:"1";s:10:"mailerrors";s:1:"1";s:10:"warninglog";s:1:"1";}s:4:"user";a:8:{s:3:"tab";s:1:"1";s:5:"users";s:1:"1";s:6:"groups";s:1:"1";s:6:"titles";s:1:"1";s:7:"banning";s:1:"1";s:17:"admin_permissions";s:1:"1";s:9:"mass_mail";s:1:"1";s:16:"group_promotions";s:1:"1";}}

If it doesn't, try and manually put it in. Not sure what the consequences are of it, but it should work. All I can think of is that this hidden user has changed your permissions.
dumb question :} how do i look in the database (like said, only have used MyBB for a good 2-3 weeks) uhm banned that "admin" user for now... via ACP i can't get into the database, this is screwed up :]
okay, i am in the phpMyAdmin... see if i can figure this out.
Your host should give you someone to access your database. You should have a control panel of some sort and most likely have phpmyadmin. You probably used phpmyadmin to create a database for mybb unless you had your host do it for you.
not an SQL wizard by any means.... and needless to say, can't find what you quoted.
(2009-05-14, 01:09 PM)skywalker2208 Wrote: [ -> ]Your host should give you someone to access your database. You should have a control panel of some sort and most likely have phpmyadmin. You probably used phpmyadmin to create a database for mybb unless you had your host do it for you.

yea... i am in phpMyAdmin via my host, thanks.
backed up the database... but still no luck reverting to how things were, now i am thinking if i can reset that "illegal" users password, i can log in with that account, grant myself whatever i need and then re-ban that sucker :}
That would be another way Smile ... let us know how it goes...!
Pages: 1 2