MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MybbAddons.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ok, let me list a few comments regarding this website:
1. The plugins, feature-wise, are great, it doesn't deserve to be on a such a poorly made site (design-wise).
2. The forum layout is ok, but I think you should give them all a better description/title.
3. The color scheme good, but I think the thead is a bit..unblending..?
4. The layout is good...if you're just another MyBB site. No, you're a plugin distribution site, put more effort into the theme and make it more unique. Don't just find some theme creator and tell them to make a theme. If you are looking for a paid themer, I strongly suggest Combus or Lunty, if he does themes. I cannot do such professional themes (or much of a any theme for that matter).
5. The front page is pretty good, I guess, keep it.
6. Ok, not to be mean, but the logo is COMPLETELY UNATTRACTIVE and looks horrible. Try using a plain text logo with a special font and gradient fill.
Thank you so much for the commenting, you really spent some time on doing that.
I appreciate it very much!

1. Thank you, I'm more a coder then a designer... maybe I should pay somebody to do that for me Big Grin
2. Okay... that's interesting, I thought it would be clear what they are for Smile But okay... will do so Smile
3. What do you mean with unblending, I didn't find the word in my dictionary? Sorry!
4. I'll look into that again.
6. Yes I know Big Grin I should really replace it.
Ok, great, you accept feedback positively, which is a large attribute in success.
What I meant, when saying unblending, was that it didn't look very...blending.
It didn't look like it was meant to be together, more like, forcefully stuck to together.
So, that's what I meant.
thead.gif is basically the same image as the background image and the on/off/offlock.gif...
I might also use it for the logo, I kinda like it.

So I think it should be together with the rest of the board Smile

Feedback is always great as it helps you to become better - you can't do any better if you don't ask other people and they give you an answer.
So thank you very much again!

Kind regards
Good domain. Not to sound rude or anything but what does the site offer that I can't find right here at mybboard.net?
Well, what it offers?

Addons (Galleries, Download, Blog, Lyrics), Plugins (still coming, I was pretty busy with other stuff), Tutorials and MyCodes you won't find here at mybboard.net Smile

I try to add as much exclusive stuff as possible whenever I have time, next thing will be the poke-plugin (known from facebook).

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Zash is also a good person for themes (his bluweb theme looks extremely professional, and he does quality work)
We experienced some downtime in the last two days but now we are up and running again Smile
I'm also glad to announce that all members of mybboard.biz have been transferred to Mybbaddons.com and all content will also be transferred step by step.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Not Found

The requested URL /member.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.mybbaddons.com Port 80

when i try to logon.
it's amazing how you can get so much good advice, completely ignore all of it, and then wonder why your site isn't doing well
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6