MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can Not Edit Global.css
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

This is my first try with MyBB. I've been a loyal vBulletin customer for years but sadly the company that bought vBulletin has driven me away from them.

I am having a problem editing global.css in the default template. Everytime I try to save it I get "You have selected an invalid theme." and my changes do not save.

This is on a fresh install. Any ideas?
What browser do you use?
Internet Explorer 8
I can not create a new theme either. I type in the name of the new theme, use the Master Theme as the parent and hit create and nothing happens.
I'd just like to add that under Tools & Maintenance I see this:

All of the required files and directories have the proper CHMOD settings.
Although I put my faith in the Tools section, I'd check the proper permissions on the server itself, especially if you're having difficulty on creating themes.

If the permissions are fine, can you try another browser? IE8 is a relatively new browser, so there may be a problem with it.
Weird, I have a feeling this has been bought up a few times before but a search gives literally no results...

Anyways, if what Tom suggested doesn't do it, the only thing I can think of right now is to check the CHMODs of the theme folders inside ./cache/themes/, and also the actual stylesheets themselves, in ./cache/themes/*themefolder*/, these don't show on the Tools and Maintenance page but do have an effect on themes if they're wrong. I believe I'm right in saying that the folders can be 755 or 777 and the stylesheets can be 644 or 666, try both, see what happens.

Oh, and it's always nice to see a vB convert, welcome to MyBB Big Grin
I've tried it in Firefox and IE8 and neither work.

I've doubled and tripled checked every permission you guys asked for and I still get invalid theme selected when editing the css.

I made a quick video to just show you what I am doing. I am completely new to MyBB so I could be doing something wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oiXd2D7FPM
Alright, everytime I edit any of the settings now and hit save when it refreshes it reverts back to the previous setting. It won't save my setting changes either. What the hell?

I have settings.php set as 666 chmod.
I get Invalid Forum ID selected whenever I try to edit a forum or category. All i did was try to change My Category to something else.

This is so frustrating. Wordpress works fine on my site with it's permission settings. Why won't MyBB? I can't change ANYTHING.
What's the sql type and version? Is this a linux or windows server?

Is this a 1.2x->1.4x conversion? This problem has happened before in that situation. To fix it you have to redo the templates completely with new database tables.
This is a fresh install on a HostGator BabyCroc server. It is a Linux server.
Is there no other way I can get support? I mean, I'm trying to not use vBulletin and Mybb is my first attempt and it's failing miserably.
Pages: 1 2