MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IE7Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.ie7pro.com/

Has anyone heard of this, or tried it?
Or you could just use Opera, Firefox, Chrome or Safari and get a better and faster browser while supporting web standards and open source software.
I already have Firefox. I just wanted to know if anyone had heard of this before.
Practically everything they have in their feature list can be added in IE8 with accelerators.

Seems pointless installing a 3rd party addon when Microsoft now provide it.
This is an addon for IE7, but yeah, I see your point about it all being in IE8.

/offtopic
Tomm M, What browser do you use?
Plus, it still dosn't fix the lack of web standards support and poor rendering of the IE engine.
(2009-05-15, 10:47 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Plus, it still dosn't fix the lack of web standards support and poor rendering of the IE engine.

Thankfully IE8 is a small step for Microsoft...

(2009-05-15, 10:21 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Tomm M, What browser do you use?

There is no competition - I always use Opera... Smile
(2009-05-15, 12:17 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-05-15, 10:21 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Tomm M, What browser do you use?

There is no competition - I always use Opera... Smile

I tried opera and I didn't really like it.
To be honest, it took some getting used to. I still have to use IE for my online banking, and using anything with PayPal, but I just can't deal with the FireFox - it just annoys me to hell.

Safari is probably next for me. But because it's Apple, and it isn't reassuringly expensive, it's fairly crap.
That's good for you Wink

Quote:Or you could just use Opera, Firefox, Chrome or Safari and get a better and faster browser while supporting web standards and open source software.

What end user really cares about supporting open source or web standards? I especially don't care for open source, since the community of people behind the program in question are always popping up at unrelated places. The community is one of the reasons I left Linux, if you posted at their forums, it was all fine and dandy until you mentioned you used restricted drivers :O I thought open-source was about freedom of choice, but they are appalled if you use anything that they can't edit in Notepad. Fanboyism is another major problem for both open and closed source, and its one of the reasons I will never consider Firefox. And I would rather gently caress my scrotum with a running chainsaw before booting up OSX again.

Generally, people don't care. As a developer, I do care (to an extent) about web standards and I will generally go into a rant accidentally (such as now) but I will not try to force my views on other people and let them use what they want to use.

And now I've forgotten what I was replying to. Oh right - this addon seems pointless.
Pages: 1 2