MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 403 Error on All admin buttons in the Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
403 Error on All admin buttons in the Admin CP after doing an upgrade from 1.2.012 to the latest 1.4.

I can't do anything in the admin CP except view the main page. Everything I click brings up a 403 error. Something must have gone wrong, or a premission must be wrong...
Ok so I contacted host gator... they whitelisted it... Now admin CP works great... no more 403 errors... now for some freaking strange reason when I go to my forums, it re-directs me to my home page.

Website is www.asusreviews.com

Please tell me if you have a clue what the heck is going on?!
Have you modified your .htaccess or set some kind of redirects up?
I did not modify the .htaccess file... but someone at host gator might have... I told them to whitelist that mod_control or whatever its called to make the stuff work. They did that and my admin CP was back up...

Should the the htaccess file be nammed .htaccess or htaccess.txt ?
Found the problem... for some reason there was an index.php and index.html file in the root of the /forum... I do not know how the hell the index.html got in there...

Here was the contents of it:

<html>

<head>

<title>Redirecting...</title>

<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;url=../../" />

</head>

<body>

<a href="../../">MyBBoard</a>

</body>

</html>
That index.html will be used before index.php is used. Delete the index.html.
Why / how did it get created though?
It probably got added by your host.
That index.html is used in a lot of folders to stop you accessing them, ./images/ for example, you must have put it there, isn't there by default...