MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Attachments are not working.

Error code:
"The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: The attachment could not be found on the server."

Tried after switching to english language (also on any language).

Version: 1.4.6
System: Linux

The "uploads" directory has all the permissions needed.
The user has the forum permissions to post attachment.
Well... no one can post attachment.
This isn't a bug, moved to support.

If you're sure that ./uploads/ and the folders inside ./uploads/ are writeable, and the uploads path in the ACP settings is right, you may need to ask your host, because if everything above is correct, everything with MyBB will be as it needs to be.
As Matt said, make sure ./uploads/ and all the folders in side ./uploads/ are CHMOD'ed to 777. If that doesn't work, contact your host because it is a problem with the temporary PHP folder.
did you ever resolve this? I have exactly the same error when trying to attach a pic in the forum. frustrating. Folders chmod'ed correctly. cant figure it out
I had uploaded files (mp3 and jpegs) previously but now it does not work.

As suggested in other posts, I have checked the CHMODs which it says are ok. And logged in to FTP and changed the upload folder to 777. Should there be any other folders in the uploads folder apart from 201008 and avatars?

I am still getting the error message

The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: There was a problem moving the uploaded file to its destination.
Can you upload things to your server via an application other than MyBB??
(2010-10-06, 11:30 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Can you upload things to your server via an application other than MyBB??

Sort of. I am using Bulletproof FTP. I have managed to upload a jpg and an html file... but only the filename is getting uploaded, Ie it says the file is there but with no file size.

When trying to upload an mp3 it says ''error during write to file''
It sounds like there's an issue with your host itself then, ask them if they know anything that might cause it.