MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fresh 1.4 - Install 1.2 database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, My 1.2 to 1.4 upgrade failed unfortunately so I have done a fresh install of 1.4.
Is it poss to import or use 1.2 database with 1.4 version?
You can use it but you'll still need to run the upgrader on it to work... what exactly went wrong with it the first time??
dont know all looked good and said success but then went to page and no go.
I am worried it has changed the database?
I have a backup but its a BIG forum.
So I do a fresh install then?
the folder is still there I just renamed it.
We did do the mod where you change the admin folder name for security but I renamed that back to just admin but still no go
(2009-05-16, 03:21 PM)DjPete Wrote: [ -> ]dont know all looked good and said success but then went to page and no go.

OK, you're going to have to be a lot more specific about what actually went wrong because I have absolutely no idea what the actual issue is....
well all I know is the install went good and finished but I had an error when going to forum page...sorry cant remember what error.
I have installed new version all good.
Can you guide me how to import the 1.2 database?
Or point me to a thread.

If I have to I can rename the folder (still on server) and go back and see what the error was...appreciate your help
Sleepy

You'll need to go into phpMyAdmin, find your database, drop the empty 1.4 tales, import your 1.2 database, and then run the upgrade script. And if you see an error message again, note it down this time....
I had left the install folder in!
Anyway I can get the front page but get error when I try to login
site here
http://australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'aus10239_mybb.mybb_mybb_users' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT uid, username, birthday, email, usergroup FROM mybb_mybb_users WHERE birthday LIKE '17-5-%' AND email != ''
Right, that generally happens because you left 1.2 plugins active. Did you make a full file backup of your 1.2 files too??
yes I have folders and database backed up
OK, revert back to your 1.2 files and database, deactivate all of your plugins, make another backup, and upgrade again.
Pages: 1 2