MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mandatory Introduction Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is there a way to specify that a new member of my forum must post a mandatory introduction post (in my introduction section) before being able to make any other posts? I have found in my experience, that this really engages new members and cuts down on trouble makers.

Where would this type of setting be located in the Admin CP? Thanks for the help!

I used the search function but couldn't find any previous history on this sort of thing.
You would need a user made plugin to do this.
Thanks for the reply. Since it is not an option, I won't bother with it. Thanks!
(2009-05-16, 03:19 PM)TheWhiteBuffalo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Is there a way to specify that a new member of my forum must post a mandatory introduction post (in my introduction section) before being able to make any other posts? I have found in my experience, that this really engages new members and cuts down on trouble makers...

This can be done without a plugin or special programming.

1) Your default user-group, for new members, is only allowed to post in one forum (in your introduction section)
2) Automatically promote users based on their post count, reputation or registration date
  • After just one post everyone gets auto-upgraded to their new usergroup with permissions for all (or most) forums.

More Info:
Automatically promote users based on their post count, reputation or registration date