MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Staff Needed at Let's Just Talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are in dire need of all kinds of staff positions at Let's Just Talk. These include:

2 Moderators (at least)
and several relief staff members

The relief staff members are there to sub for the regular staff members should the regular staff have to be away. our link is http://www.letsjusttalk.createmybb3.com if anyone is interested.
(2009-05-16, 04:46 PM)Brian Fan Wrote: [ -> ]We are in dire need of all kinds of staff positions at Let's Just Talk. These include:

2 Moderators (at least)
and several relief staff members

The relief staff members are there to sub for the regular staff members should the regular staff have to be away. our link is http://www.letsjusttalk.createmybb3.com if anyone is interested.

With 1 member..? Er..?
We just reopened today. I am trying to promote as much as I possibly can.
You only want staff because you can't be bothered promoting the site yourself. Promote it yourself and when you get a large enough member base that you need staff find the members who show leadership within your forum and offer the position to them. Trust me, you will get much better staff that way.

I would at least get a top level domain and a logo though if you have plans of reaching a size where you require staff though.
also try a domainname. Nobody's gonna join a double-link'd forum. Especily not when you change the hosts.
and its not evan uploaded to a host, its just create mybb one click forums
eek
jeez guys. Don't degrade him. I think all forums start out as subdomains.... all of mine did. And as for the staff, I think you might want to get it popular first, like they were kinda saying. Trust me, I worked at this site, and we kept getting bucket loads of more staff, but never any users. When you have, say 100-250 users, make an announcement about a contest. Whoever is the most helpful, loyal, and spends the most time online should be selected. This way of starting a forum is usually most successful. If you want a domain, but don't want to pay for one, you should check out freedomain.co.nr, or co.cc. They have a frame redirect so you don't have to mess with DNS... Then, after a while you should upgrade to hosting, and use DNS... at that point you would be a successful forum Wink