MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [MybbAddons.com] Blogaddon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is not half-done, it's finished.
It fits the request I got for it exactly, all requirements are filled.

Design is simple and clean, depends on your MyBB and you can customize it easily.

If you don't like it that's okay, but if you post your opinion here I'd like to get some hints how and what to improve. Everybody can say: That looks horrible Wink

So please Bey Brad - if you decide to post into my topics again give some serious suggestions instead of arguing (Second time now).

Thank you
Lennart Sauter
I don't think you know what an argument is. Blunt criticism is not it.

Where is the ability to look through blog posts by date? Or are they all just on one page? How about the ability to search through blogs?

Listing all the blog entries just by their subject title is an incredibly archaic way of organizing them. During this project, did you research how sites like Livejournal or Blogger organize their blog layout at all?

It is definitely "half-done" as an idea. If you want to charge for a product you have to accept that people are going to judge your work more harshly.
Allright, now we can talk better, thank you Smile

Blog posts are sorted by date, one page only as this is kept very simple.

Search function is a very good point, I should definately add one. Thank you for the nice idea Smile

No, I did the layout as the client (who paid for this) wished.

I do accept your judgement - now as you made some good statements.
Now your suggestions are very welcome and definately accepted.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
(2009-06-24, 04:33 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]Allright, now we can talk better, thank you Smile

Blog posts are sorted by date, one page only as this is kept very simple.

Search function is a very good point, I should definately add one. Thank you for the nice idea Smile

No, I did the layout as the client (who paid for this) wished.

I do accept your judgement - now as you made some good statements.
Now your suggestions are very welcome and definately accepted.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter

have you took a look at wordpress .... your mod is backwards, it does NOT even look like a regular blog system or even close to comparison!

There is actually a
Free Blog Mod:
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/myblogs
Hello technoman,
I'm not trying to keep up with wordpress. If I'd like to have wordpress and MyBB I'd simply bridge it (as I allready did one time).
This isn't meant to be wordpress, it's just a very simple and basic blog addon.
It has some nice features as stated and that's it.

If you dislike the look - that's okay, no problem with that.
By the way - WYSIWYG commenting and other stuff is definately not backwards - not even MyBB has it Toungue

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
(2009-06-24, 09:07 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]You need to polish your plugins more if you want people to pay for them. This looks incredibly sloppy, and I would be embarrassed to offer something so half-done on my website ...

i agree. plugin looks so distorted from that demo. ugh.. need more work as far as organizing everything.
I think the blog should be integrated into the portal, to be honest. but it's nice Smile
Hmm, I personally dislike the portal so I will probably not do this Wink

I think I'll release the current blog addon as free (light) version and update the current to Pro with a better interface.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
That would be great Smile If you do that, I will subscribe to your forum
Pages: 1 2