MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Javascript problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys!
Since I upgraded my 1.4.4 straight to 1.4.6, all javascript on my forum has stopped working. I've already tryed reuploading all javascript folders via FTP, but it didn't work.
None of my ACP javascript resources work, as well as my reCaptcha plugin, that returns the following error:
You are at this page because you loaded the JavaScript free version of reCAPTCHA, but it looks like you have JavaScript. We need to prevent this for security reasons. If you are testing out the JavaScript-free version, turn off JavaScript in your browser.
Additionally, in my post/reply page (newreply.php), the bbcode buttons aren't showing up.
I'm sure this isn't a browser problem, since other people are experiencing the same issue and javascript works fine for me in other sites.
I'll show you some screenshots related to the problem:
[Image: 17323048.png]
[Image: 15694913.png]
I've even tryed reuploading all 1.4.6 files to my FTP directory and using another skin, but nothing seems to work. What else can I do to solve the problem?
EDIT: This problem seems to be concerning only Firefox users. With IE 8 it works fine. Confused
Thanks in advance,
Enom
Are you sure your browser has javascript turned on?? Did you upload the ./admin/jscripts/ folder or just the ./jscripts/ folder??
I'm sure. The following checkboxes mean (Allow JavaScript and Allow Java):
[Image: 66189727.png]
PS: In this forum I can use JS with no problem.
I've reuploaded both folders and even tryed reuploading all folders after that.
It seems to work fine in IE8, though.
If you want, I can post my forum URL here.
Hmm... try clearing your cache. IIRC there have been some crazy javascript issues that were fixed with clearing the browser cache. The fact that your forum works in IE8 shows the files seem to be OK, and the fact it works here but not on yours implies something related to your site may be being stored in your browser, i.e. in the cache, so see what clearing it does.
Strange, it's still not working.
Can you try it and tell me what happens?
http://www.otplanet.com/forum/
(it's in portuguese)

EDIT: It works fine for everyone else... However, for me the problem continues even reinstalling the browser...

EDIT 2: Problem solved. My javascript blacklist Firefox addon has added my site by mistake in the black list. Toungue
Thanks for the help.
I tried your site. logged in and out several times without any problem. So it must be a browser issue on your side.

Regards