MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unity Security Force
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
USEC is a virtual military, which is basically a group of realism gamers who implement role-play into the game, so it appeals to people from various genres of gaming. We run a custom site for our members who use Flight Simulator and Armed Assault as their primary platform and we had huge trouble running phpBB3 on mediatemple.net's grid service.

So I switched us over to MyBB as it seemed very stable and lightweight, yet powerful from my testing. I used woody as the base theme initially, as I'd never skinned a MyBB forum before. I cose it for it's transparent look and I then bent it to suit our requirements, until it no longer looks anything like woody and you'll see all images and code are now custom. I will be continuing to build on it as I get user feedback from our members, but would love some feedback from you guys:

http://forum.usecforce.info/index.php

I am aware that in Internet Explorer 6 and 7, it looks funky, but we don't have an issue with that, as the majority run IE8, opera, safari or firefox.

Thanks for your time.
The top (header part) and bottom (footer part) looks out of place against the rest of the forums.
Yeah, a few guys commented on that....I'm thinking what to do with it but am having a bit of artistic block to be honest. Our logo is black and the only other color would be the brown you see on the topbar, which I thought about using as the header background and then making the topbar black too...but I didn't have time today to do that.
Nice! I love the theme, looks fine IMO.
thanks.