MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4.x] My vBulletin Fantastic v 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
<snip>
You know you'll get in trouble with vB if they see you've used their images....
(2009-05-19, 07:41 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You know you'll get in trouble with vB if they see you've used their images....

Yeah, you need to remove those images. You used almost all the images from vB.
(2009-05-19, 07:41 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You know you'll get in trouble with vB if they see you've used their images....

(2009-05-19, 07:50 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, you need to remove those images. You used almost all the images from vB.

No , perhaps that is same answer get from mybbcentral last night, and I answer to it their aswell, But for here, I just want to say that these images have no copyright atall... although they have been used by the default layout of vBulletin theme , But I get them from an vBulletin forum that was shared by me in september 2006... and it is still now in progress, It is Urdu language forum and you can see it here www.itdunya.com

It is licenced own and we purchase it a full license so No Powered By link aswell Smile
Just because you have a vB licence, doesn't mean you can use the images on a MyBB theme! You need to get permission from the vB group.
(2009-05-19, 08:11 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Just because you have a vB licence, doesn't mean you can use the images on a MyBB theme! You need to get permission from the vB group.

Thats true. I'm a theme developer and take copyright into alot of consiadation. Those images are copyrighted for use on only vBulletin powered forums. The theme you've made breaks that copyright.

If you don't remove those images I have no choice but to report you to vBulletin myself
(2009-05-19, 10:04 AM)Jag100 Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't remove those images I have no choice but to report you to vBulletin myself

I think you are not understanding what I mean, I said earlier that these images were made through custom request, and are strongly resemble to vBulletin like images, but actually vB uses any other format images, But here I use .gif format, and developed through manually, Then why any one report it to vB ??
Ghazal, I've removed the download/information links for this theme in the original post.

I've taken a look at your theme's images, and a vBulletin I'm working on. They are exactly the same (practically pixel to pixel). Even if they aren't the same images, you still can't use them as they resemble the original images, they are still within vBulletin's copyright, as far as I know.

It would be like me taking IPB3 and releasing it out of beta, and saying 'Look what I've made!'.

Even if you've taken their images, and changed the formatting - they are still their images. You must change the images you've used in this theme - I hear vBulletin are taking things seriously considering vB4 is on the way this summer.
Ok TomM , No problem I will change them to my own site aswell..
I'm tired of this crap. Anyone that takes any part of a theme from another program without permission will receive a warning. It's common knowledge that you don't steal. Even 3 year-olds know that.

Repeated offenses will get you banned, and most likely a nice lawsuit. Remember: vBulletin has money out the wazoo, and they won't be afraid to use it on lawyers.
Pages: 1 2