MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Errors on the site :o
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&.../index.php

This page is not Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!

I did a quick check and 290 errors on the front page. They are realy usless errors but some you may want to have a look at.

Also, I check for accesability:

http://www.contentquality.com/mynewteste.../index.php

The site failed 5 things.

This is the front page alone. You might want to check the rest of the site.

Thought you might like to know.
It has been known for a while that myBulletinBoard wasn't valid XHTML according to the W3C. However, this hasn't been a high priority, as the main priority was making things work in the mainly used browsers.
Hmm, ok, well before the "gold release" (or RC4 if Chris has time), you may want to get it checked for sure.
Meh,

What good are those "This site is __ Compliant" anyways. Frankly, I'd rather have a website that works and gives me the information I want quickly then one that "looks good".

I'd rather the developers spend time on features of the board rather then something which, to be honest, the majority of the public could care less about.
:o Those compliant signs are the thing that makes this forum usable. Without proper coding, browser may not display it properly.

Anyway, like I said, just give it a quick check before RC4 or gold release comes out. It should take more than 20-30mins depending on how many there are.
Looking at that analysis, a lot of this is minor syntax errors like not closing standalone tags like <br />. Some more of the errors are only picked up because a previous one confused the validator. I think if you were using the HTML 4.01 Transitional doctype you'd end up with a virtually standards-compliant system... but you might as well make the syntax fit with the doctype.

Remember, the layout might work with the popular browsers of today, but that doesn't mean it's future-proof. It shouldn't be too hard to resolve in a future version.