MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WhatPulse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
WhatPulse is a very small application that uses barely any resources on your computer, and counts the amount of mouse clicks, keyboard button presses and distance your mouse has travelled (PC only for distance).

It then takes these numbers and uploads them to your WhatPulse profile. You can also join teams and can try to be the number one team.

I have set up a team for the MyBB Community which you can all join once you've signed up.
So what are you waiting for? Get pulsing. Big Grin
Used to have it for a couple of days. Was fun for a while.
I'll redownload and join the group :p

How do I join the group?
Not sure if want...

Sounds awfully similar to a keylogger to me, detecting keypresses and whatnot and sending them to a website. It looks like a simple source of amusement for about 5 or 10 minutes, and that's nowhere near enough for me to even risk it.

Of course, this is probably just me being paranoid...
Yeah, you're just being paranoid. It doesn't actually log the keys that you press, all it does is count them. They've been around since about 2003 or something so I am positive that it is not a keylogger or we would have heard something by now.

I wouldn't have posted it if it was not safe. Smile
Even if they did, all they're going to get from we would be code and a bunch of rubbish. I don't remember logging into anything when it was in use.
Meh, I really didn't think it was a keylogger (why would you post it if it were even suspected) but I still don't find such information useful. It's especially a no-go for me since I'm trying to prune as much as I can from my computer to improve startup speeds and disk space.

Of course, this is all my personal opinion and so others' mileage may vary.
I think it is interesting that my mouse has traveled over 168m in the past two hours, plus i have clicked 1200 times and made over 2000 keystrokes.
Why haven't you joined the team, Tim?
Are we mybb or mybb community?
hold on, ignore that stupid comment, i read the first post.
Ok, i'm a member.
Cool. Big Grin

Apparently you need to pulse before you show up in the team list, but I can see that you've joined via management of the team.

Hopefully a few more people join at least.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8