MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PMs - Mark as unread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quite a few times I've read a PM but can't act on it straight away, and it would be useful if I could mark it as unread so I could have the yellow bar along the top to remind me on my next visit; right now I send a PM to myself to remind me, seems like a bit of a daft way of doing it. E-mail clients generally have a 'mark as unread' option, would be cool if we could have one for PMs too.

http://ideas.mybboard.net/idea/pms-mark-as-unread
I'd like to have a "Flag message" instead. It's more useful and you know what PM's need reading again and or are important.
Very useful. Smile
(2009-05-20, 07:43 PM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to have a "Flag message" instead. It's more useful and you know what PM's need reading again and or are important.

Ya, I think that would be a better alternative than mark as unread Wink.
+1 for message flagging. Perhaps even a 'PM pinning' system.
(2009-05-21, 01:04 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]+1 for message flagging. Perhaps even a 'PM pinning' system.

That's an interesting concept
What you can already do is create folders for PMs and move PMs in there... so you could create a folder "todo" or "flagged", and move PMs there, so you can get back to them at a later time. I have a "Google SEO" folder here where I put PMs I get from people about my plugin.

I probably won't use mark as unread, I don't get enough PMs to warrant that and it'd probably too aggressive (would make me think I got a new PM every time I visit the forums, even though it really is something old).