MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A new MOD idea + request (Contest Management System)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a contest on my site and will be holding a few more in the future, so I would like to have a mod where:

There is an admin setting. I need a unique tracking link (general tracking). This link will be used when I post a thread or post inside and outside my forum. So, it will track how many times has the user participate in the contest.
There should also be a setting where I can set a few more settings such as what should I write for the profile options like below, contest start and end date etc.
the settings should store each contest details with unique prefix so the /5 like the example below can be automatically updated depends on how many times had a contest been held.

Example of admin settings:
Start new thread? [yes][no] --> yes will open option date start below.
Contest Start: 20 May 2009
Contest end: 15 June 2009
# of Winners: 9

Then, in the usercp, have an option like "mod_title"
Option:
Tweeted the message;
[]yes (10 pts) | link:___www.___________ [+]add link
Blogged about the contest;
[1]yes (20 pts) | link:___www.___________ [+]add link
#########################
Total points: 110 pts
#########################

So, on the postbit, I need something like:
Contest Points: 110pts
Contest participation: 5
Winning exp: 0/5 --> /5 is the amount of contest which has been held. Refer above.

############################
In admincp, I should be able to see all these stored data so I can verify them. Something like this:
There are X contest participants.
1: username
Tweet link: link(s): ___www.___________ [+]verify
Blog post link(s): ___www.___________ [+]verify

So, when clicked on verify, all the data will be stored in db and user will see the points on their postbit.

To make it more interesting, after a contest ended. And after I verify all submissions, it will count the points for 9 users with highest points. Any duplicate of points will be randomly order in the top.
example:
user 1: 143 points
user 2: 143 points
user 3: 143 points
user 4: 143 points
user 5: 123 points
user 6: 112 points
user 7: 103 points
user 8: 93 points
user 9: 89 points

So, user 1,2,3,4 will be randomly chose to rank in top 4.

This mod should use ajax or jquery to make it better.
Can anyone do it? I hope someone would find this idea interesting enough to be executed.
Still looking for someone to help me build this mod.
I think Pirata Nervo has a plugin for contests at consoleworld.net, not sure if it's what you are searching for though.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Can you pinpoint me to the url?

thx.
This is the url of Pirata Nervo http://forums.consoleworld.net/ search it there Wink