MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to disable signature?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You mean the sig option in the quick reply?? That's in the showthread_quickreply template:

<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" {$postoptionschecked['signature']} />&nbsp;<strong>{$lang->signature}</strong></label><br />

Also remove this from newthread, newreply and editpost:

<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" tabindex="6"{$postoptionschecked['signature']} /> {$lang->options_sig}</label>

And this from usercp_nav_profile:

<div><a href="usercp.php?action=editsig" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_editsig">{$lang->ucp_nav_edit_sig}</a></div>

Think that's everything. Then sigs will be totally gone for everyone.
(2009-11-22, 01:52 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You mean the sig option in the quick reply?? That's in the showthread_quickreply template:

<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" {$postoptionschecked['signature']} />&nbsp;<strong>{$lang->signature}</strong></label><br />

Also remove this from newthread, newreply and editpost:

<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" tabindex="6"{$postoptionschecked['signature']} /> {$lang->options_sig}</label>

And this from usercp_nav_profile:

<div><a href="usercp.php?action=editsig" class="usercp_nav_item usercp_nav_editsig">{$lang->ucp_nav_edit_sig}</a></div>

Think that's everything. Then sigs will be totally gone for everyone.

Thanks very much Matt, it seems to have worked everywhere that I can think of.[Image: clap.gif]

I still think it would be a heck of a lot easier to just have a "disable all signatures" checkbox in the Admin CP. I'm just barely brave enough to get into the templates but a lot of members are even less brave than me.Big Grin At first I asked you if I was really supposed to delete all that code but I went ahead and did it and everything is fine so I've edited this post to reflect that.
(2009-11-21, 11:00 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]As it happens, I have created a plugin that does just that.
I like the MyBB spirit: you need plugins to remove/disable features. That's ridiculous... Still, thanks for spending your time on fixing a missing must-have that the MyBB devs don't even sense.
It's not the 'MyBB spirit', we just don't have a setting to disable absolutely every feature available, and sigs is one of them.
Worked for me, useful post, thanks
Pages: 1 2