MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Full guide into Banning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there,

In this tutorial we will pass over Banning
  • Banning User Through User Management
  • Banning By IP / Range Of IPs
  • Banning By Email

Banning User Through User Management

There is 2 ways into accessing to this place

1st by visiting the user's profile and clicking on Ban using admin CP found under admin options.

[Image: 1.JPG]

2nd is by going into Admin CP > Users and Groups > Banning

[Image: 3.JPG]

when going to the banning section u will find a list of all the banned users with some info about them.

Click on ban user

this will result a page where u will be able to add the username, the reason of banning, and duration of this banning.

In both cases after clicking on ban a user, or ban a user using admin cp(under the profile page) you will be taken to the page we are talking about.

[Image: 2.JPG]

So
  • [1]enter the user name
    [2]add the reason
    [3]select as banned group
    [4]then in case you want to remove the ban after a period specify it from Lift Ban After.

Now the other way of banning is using the settings part
Admin CP > Board Settings > Change > Banning

Here you can Ban using a list of usernames, IPs, Range of IPs, and emails.

[Image: 4.JPG]

Banning by user name:
just add the usernames you want and sperate each one to the other by a single space.

Banning IPs / Range of IPs
  • [1] Banning IPs : Add the ip you want followed by the other with a single space in between (e.g. 192.168.0.2 127.123.0.33)

[2] Banning a Range of IPs: Add the range you want for example 192.168.0 dont put the last part of it and a space(e.g. 192.168.0 )
    This will result banning from 192.168.0.1 > 192.168.0.255.
    It's like a limited sense banning.
Banning by email:
You may bann a certain email, so just put the email then a space then the other email.(e.g. [email protected] [email protected])
Or you can also bann a a whole domain , like @hissite.com (e.g. hissite.com mysite.com)

at the end click submit changes.

Regards
Is there any way for moderators to ban the users?
Jadd Wrote:Is there any way for moderators to ban the users?

If you allow your moderators to access the Admin CP and allow them the permission "Can Manage Users"
If I allow to access the Admin CP does it mean they can change everything about forum? Ain't it easy to give them ability to ban the user from within users profile?
DennisTT Wrote:
Jadd Wrote:Is there any way for moderators to ban the users?

allow them the permission "Can Manage Users"
Where can I change this permission?
Admin-CP -> Users and Groups -> Admin Permissions.
Quote:If I allow to access the Admin CP does it mean they can change everything about forum? Ain't it easy to give them ability to ban the user from within users profile?

well not excatly, as with the Admin Permissions options, you can limit all the permission to only manage groups and users, so they can't access anyother part of the admin cp.

right now permissions aren't so detailed, like only allow them to ban, and not to create users or edit them. so it's a general permission to all the users and groups parts including banning and unbanning them.

regards
Thx.
I can't find how to email ban in 1.04 (or whatever the latest is I forgot!)
it should be in Admin CP > Board Settings > Change > Banning Options

Ban by Email is the entry before the last setting.

regards
Pages: 1 2