MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default theme on install and admin logon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am having the "not displaying the default theme" thing happening after I finished my fresh install. The main board is not picking up the theme at all. The admin section picks up the theme and renders it just fine.

Also, any time I click on anything in the admin section, a logon screen pops up, I enter my credentials, and then get forwarded to the appropriate page. This happens on every single thing I click on. It is as if it forgets my credentials as soon as I log on. In addition to this, any modifications I make to the settings are not saved. I must go into the database itself to change anything.

/cache and everything under it has CHMOD 777

I am running the site under the subdomain: cfm.tedhogan.net with the url chicagofreemason.com forwarding to that.

I have tried: chicagofreemason.com, cfm.tedhogan.net, and localhost in the URL settings to no avail.

Also, the site is loading significantly slower than I would expect. I am not sure if this is related.

I'm completely perplexed by this.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm lost at this point. These are classic symptoms of a bad URL setting or the /cache permissions settings. But, none of what should work has worked.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html

Your cookie settings are wrong, and by the looks of it your board URL is wrong too. Did you change these on the installation screen?? Quite sure you did, I've only ever seen the installer give an incorrect board URL once and it was a crazy URL structure that caused it.

Cookie domain: .cfm.tedhogan.net
Cookie path: /
Board URL: http://cfm.tedhogan.net

Edit in ./inc/settings.php and then in the ACP straight after...
THANK YOU!!!!!

That fixed it. I'm an idiot, I should have left well enough alone... now I know.

Thanks again for the quick response. I really appreciate it.