MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there an API available?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there an API available? I will need to port some custom code to be compatible with MyBB and while I can spend some time learning the code (which I'll need to do anyway) it would speed up things if there is an API available as I can just refer to that.

Top things that I need to find an API for are:
  1. Modifying existing users
  2. Adding new users
  3. Adding new posts

If anyone could point me in the right direction then that would be very helpful. I did search the site, but it came back with no results Sad
Just to clarify - I don't need help with the writing the code, I just want to know if there is an API available. (I've written modifications for vBulletin for many years and just write code as I need it, so I just need the API then I can get on with bringing things back online as part of my new MyBB board once my conversion is complete.
Look at the datahandlers (inc/datahandlers) - it has all the stuff for the above 3 functions.
Basically you create the handler, set the data, get it to verify the data, then perform the update/insertion.
Great, I think I have it pretty much sussed out now Smile
The next release of the MyBB SDK will bring the features you are looking for.
I have been writing applications for other boards as well and noticed there is a missing SDK / API, so I decided to write my own and to share it.
If you are interested in the current setup (as I said, the functions are missing right now, but a new version will appear within a week probably), see my signature
Excellent - I'll keep an eye on your site for it Smile
Either keep track of the site or of this thread