MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to move forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed my forums into a folder and want to change the folder on my host. I renamed the folder on the host and changed the URL in the settings table, but things still seem to point to the old location so my theme is absent and now I can't log in (invalid links), so I must be missing something.

Thanks.
Take a look at this thread

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html

Quote:If your cookie settings are wrong, you probably won't be able to change them in the ACP as you may not be able to stay logged in. If this is the case, in order to change them, find a way to open and edit ./inc/settings.php and edit the new values into the file. Then, you MUST go to 'ACP > Configuration > General Configuration' and make the change here too. This is because although editing the file will make you able to log in, the settings aren't updated in the database, and when you next save any settings in the ACP, the old settings will come back.

Also make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666.
I typed too soon. Never mind, folks. I figured it out.
Thanks, Skywalker! I have to make yet another move once I create a new domain and this info may come in handy.

What I did was the changed the URL in the database back to the original and changed the folder name back. Then I logged in, went to the ACP and changed everything, then immediately changed the folder name. Bingo.
Congrats on figuring it out.