MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBoard.Biz <--- Exclusive Themes and Plugins Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Ghazal, Pingo - continue your discussions via private messages or something; this thread isn't the right place to discuss your problem.

It's fine discussing the practice of banning at MyBBoard.biz, but not for individual users.

As far as I'm concerned anyway...
Just my 2c, seeing as this site is being sold promoting it here is probably not much use, not to mention that this thread is probably doing ghazal more harm than good. Maybe it is time to close it.... For ghazals sake more than anything.
I'm done. She knows what she did is wrong and she just doesn't admit it. Simple.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure that a download of an attachment is registered when you click it; if you see a no permissions page, it still counts as a download, hence their names being shown under the attachment. And I can't see how you can say he was stealing it when you give people access to them. If you don't want them to even try to download it, remove the access, simple as that. I don't see labrocca banning people for simply trying to download plugins when they're not subscribers... because it's ridiculous. On MyBB Central, people try and download it, they see a no permissions page, then they (sometimes!!) realise they have to be a subscriber. On your forum, they try and download it, they see a no permissions page, and then get banned. The permissions system works, you can quite easily hide the content from non-subscribers, not ban people when they try and download what they think they're perfectly entitled to download. How can you say that just by trying to download a plugin, he was trying to steal it??

I'm not flaming you, I'm saying you may need to rethink what you're accusing people of; you're saying people are thieves when they're not.
(2009-06-11, 07:35 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]I think you didnot understand What I said... I am saying that I have a mistake in setting the permissions of that Premiu MyCode permissions, and in that condition all members have access to the plugins and MyCodes,
But due to a reposrt from my memeber, I set it again, But before it set, Pingo breaks the laws of this, and downloaded one... Due to this act I ban him because he didnot respect the laws of that forum...
I assume that It was mien mistake at first that I didnot set the permissions correctly, But members should have the discipline that they will NOt download those whome they are not allowed to do so...

@ Joshua: I mistaken in setting the permisions which I discussed above...
Uhh ghazal you'd probably lose the majority of your flamers if you did what respected people told you.
Please guys, Give me an answer...
If I make a baner attach on the door of my room and wrote it down "Be sure Only subscribers have access to this room" and one member see that the door is open now, and enter in to it, What I will do ?
Definetly I give a strong slap onto his face...! Smile

What Pingo, and krulz does... I am sure that these guys read that No Permission Page, as well as forums descriptions clearly stating that "Only subscribers have access to this" But On one occation, when they saw the forum is Unlocked for them, they penetrate to it, and do what he does...!

These are the only two members who treated in this way on my forum, I ban 6 more, and the reasons I wrote it to the Banned Members List ...

Out of them, One was banned due to spaming,
One was banned due to duplicate account
One was banned who wishes to get the My_vB_Fantastic Theme for FREE in exchange of MyBBcentral Plugins,... <--- This guy should be treated in more harsh way as he is distributing mybbcentral plugins...!

Yes, I am leaving mybb, But it doesnot mean that I will leave all of you good members, I will probably run a website or to engage ...
(2009-06-11, 11:15 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Please guys, Give me an answer...
If I make a baner attach on the door of my room and wrote it down "Be sure Only subscribers have access to this room" and one member see that the door is open now, and enter in to it, What I will do ?

That's crazy, you just don't give them permission to view the forum if you don't want them to see it, not give them access but ban them when they go into it.
(2009-06-11, 11:15 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Please guys, Give me an answer...

To give you an answer to that i would not care if i left my door open and a sign saying don't go in and you came in. If i locked that door and you BROKE in then i would be angry. As far as i am concerned they did nothing wrong.
(2009-06-11, 11:27 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That's crazy, you just don't give them permission to view the forum if you don't want them to see it, not give them access but ban them when they go into it.

Its not the matter MattR... They saw the "Forum Rules" and then break them...!

As you may notice that users post the support posts in the wrong section, you have to move the posts even they are seeing the Sticky or Guidelines on the top of the page,

If any one restricts its forum's area, and one enters in it, breaking all the seals (or you may call locks) and even they download that which they have no permission to do so... what you will have the treat for them... Definetly you would warn them or do something like me...

Basically, MyBBoard.Biz is a support, plugins and client side forum, I didnot want someone to make it an immproper use of this forum,

at mybbcentral, I was signed up their, But some of my posts were offtopic, labbrocca PM me to not post their ... I abide the rules, and after that I didnot even make a offtopic comment...
I didnot know why my IP is banned their, But I solemnly assumed that as my ISP is a GPRS connection, this IP is used 100's of users at the same time , any one make it a false use, He banned his IP, mien was automatically banned...

The reason for this above discussion is, to abide by the rules of the forum, NOT to make it a false use...

Take a look of other 6 members, why I had banned them ??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16