MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Duplicated Settings Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I reinstalled my 1.4 board clean into another folder, but reused the same database, figuring that I'd keep the connectivity and lose the config data which was of no issue to me. The install went fine and everything looks good, but for some reason now, my configuration settings groups are doubled. For instance, I have 2 Board Online/Offline links, 2 General Configuration links, etc... Only my plugins are not duplicated - everything that is delivered with the board is. The links have different gid values with the value for the second = the first + 20.

I took a look in the database, but couldn't see where anything was doubled, but that doesn't mean I didn't miss anything.

Does anything have a clue of what I could do to stop seeing double?

Thanks!!
Go into the settings part of the ACP and click the "Modify Settings" tab and delete all the duplicated settings.
Good idea, but the system will not allow you to delete delivered settings groups. There is no option to edit/delete next to the duplicates, only the settings within them.
There's a setting next to the name of each group...
Problem solved! I found the duplicates in the settinggroups table and deleted them there.
(2009-05-23, 02:31 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There's a setting next to the name of each group...

Theres an Order value next to each group, but that's it. The option to Edit/Delete is only available for the individual settings within the group.
When other people have had doubled settings there's been the option... ah well, at least it's fixed Smile
Oh well... Leave it to me to be the problem child.

Thanks for the assistance!