MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remember me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The remember me option which must store a cookie so you stay logged in by default is checked is there a sql query I can run so it's not checked by default, thanks.
(2009-05-23, 01:41 PM)Hapatio Wrote: [ -> ]The remember me option which must store a cookie so you stay logged in by default is checked is there a sql query I can run so it's not checked by default, thanks.

Where exactly is that "remember me" option? I can't remember seeing it in any of mybb versions that I have used. As far as I know mybb never forgets its members...or could it be a cookie setting issue that you are having?
UserCP > Edit Options > Login, Cookies and Privacy.
(2009-05-23, 03:46 PM)Hapatio Wrote: [ -> ]UserCP > Edit Options > Login, Cookies and Privacy.

If you mean this one "Remember my login details for future visits" then there must be a misunderstanding here. The default is set "1" in mybb_users table which means that their login details are remembered for future visits and if you set it to "0" then it will do the opposite which you obviously don't want to do.
However, if for the fun of it you want to set it to "0" (unchecked) for all current users, you can run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `remember` = '0'; 

But I'm sure that later on you will want set it back to:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `remember` = '1'; 

Backup First Backup First Backup First Backup First!
Thanks for this and yes I do want it set to off because ive restyled my nav bar so when users login next to username box they can see the checkbox Remember me? this then makes it easier for everyone as we were requested to do this!
(2009-05-23, 09:08 PM)Hapatio Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this and yes I do want it set to off because ive restyled my nav bar so when users login next to username box they can see the checkbox Remember me? this then makes it easier for everyone as we were requested to do this!

But that query will only affect the current users only and it will not make it the default for future users. I can't remember now how to make it default. Maybe someone else can.Blush
If you don't want it checked... in usercp_options find:

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="remember" id="remember" value="1" {$remembercheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="remember">{$lang->remember_me}</label></span></td>
</tr>

replace with:

<input type="hidden" name="remember" id="remember" value="0" />
Thanks both Matts xD