MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Changing servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What steps do I need to take if I am going to swich my forums to another server? I need to keep everything.
If your URL will change, update the board URL and cookie settings in the ACP. Then make a full database backup and download your files. Make a new database on the new host, import the backup to it, then upload your files and edit ./inc/config.php to point to the new database.
Thank you.
Hmm...

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website

I did all of the above.
In ./inc/config.php, find the database type setting, and if it's mysql, change it to mysqli, and if it's mysqli, change it to mysql. Seems like your new host has a different version of MySQL.
Thank you it works now, it was mysqli, had to be mysql.

But I cannot log in. I'm using MyBB 4.4, I'll upgrade to 4.6 today I think, see if that solves it. The url to my new board is www.quammunity.gaming-planet.com. I try to login, and it says you have successfully logged in, but then when the page loads, I'm not logged in.
Your cookie domain is wrong; if your URL is www.quammunity.gaming-planet.com then your cookie domain needs to be .quammunity.gaming-planet.com

Change this at ACP > Configuration > General Configuration.
So if my forums are located at http://www.quammunity.gaming-planet.com/forums, then would the cookie path be /forums/ ?
Sure would Smile
Is this editable through a file, since I can't edit it in the admin CP since it tells me to log in every time I click another link.
Yeah, you can edit it in ./inc/settings.php, but then you must do it in the ACP straight after; you'll be able to do it in the ACP after you edit the file but you have to make the changes in the ACP too so the database is updated.
Pages: 1 2