MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Facebook Style Chat Bar Powered by AJAX IM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I have no idea whether or not this has been requested before, but I would like to see a plugin for MyBB 1.4.x that would allow me to have a Chat Bar at the bottom of the screen (similar to that of Facebook and now both MySpace and Playfire) powered by AJAX IM. I think that this type of plugin would really be a major advantage of MyBB, even if it was a plugin.

Many communities are getting chat clients that, while they don't cost much money, cost a denomination of money. A plugin powered by AJAX IM would allow them to remain a board powered by completely open source components.
(2009-05-24, 04:42 AM)darkGDI Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I have no idea whether or not this has been requested before, but I would like to see a plugin for MyBB 1.4.x that would allow me to have a Chat Bar at the bottom of the screen (similar to that of Facebook and now both MySpace and Playfire) powered by AJAX IM. I think that this type of plugin would really be a major advantage of MyBB, even if it was a plugin.

Many communities are getting chat clients that, while they don't cost much money, cost a denomination of money. A plugin powered by AJAX IM would allow them to remain a board powered by completely open source components.

I've seen 3 or 4 people try to integrate Ajax IM into mybb. None have come back yet.
This would be a great plugin! and a step in the right direction for MyBB.
It would be awesome if someone made this!
I've always liked that on facebook and when myspace was just testing theirs.
So what would this create? Some shoutbox like the others, but powered by AJAX IM?
Any preview, demo or whatever?
Look at facebooks, its a bar that's at the bottom, look here http://facereviews.com/wp-content/upload...ok-im1.jpg
If this is made, i differently want it. Someone make please
Very long bump. Also if you look at the Dev section, you'll see someone is making it.
This one should integrate nicely, AJAX IM is quite complicated:
http://anantgarg.com/2009/05/13/gmail-fa...mment-1108