MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to enable subscription to threads by default ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to enable subscription to threads by default, how to set this?

I see an option during registeration under account preferences, to select the subscription to threads. I want to set it to "No email notification". How to set it.

[Image: y12x3.jpg]

I also need to enable the other options as shown in screenshot.
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/registrati...figuration

Then in the member_register and usercp_option template, find:

<tr>
<td colspan="2">
	<select name="subscriptionmethod" id="subscriptionmethod">
		<option value="0" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>
		<option value="1" {$no_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_email_subscribe}</option>
		<option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
	</select>
</td>
</tr>

replace with:

<input type="hidden" name="subscriptionmethod" id="subscriptionmethod" value="0" />
The plugin worked. Thanks

What is the result of this editing? will it remove the option for users to change the subscription method?

I only want it to set it by default as "No email subscription", but there should be option for users who want to change it.
Ah, in that case, in the member_register and usercp_options template, find:

<tr>
<td colspan="2">
        <option value="1" {$no_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_email_subscribe}</option>
        <option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
    </select>
</td>
</tr>

change to:

<tr>
<td colspan="2">
        <option value="1" selected="selected" {$no_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_email_subscribe}</option>
    </select>
</td>
</tr>
Thanks,
It worked.

I have few more doubts, How to edit the options in user cp?
and i want to disable the draft feature, Don't want users to save a post. Only submit is required.
What options do you want to edit...?? And I assume you can just remove {$savedraftbutton} from the newthread and newreply templates.
i want to remove some of the options from the Miscellaneous tab, like the Manage Attachments , Saved Drafts, Group Memberships, personal pad .

Btw which file i have to edit to make changes in public profile?

and is there any way to show the im status like yahoo messenger, gtalk etc in the post bit?
can someone answer to this?