MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about the Editor? And feedback on new dark theme.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would i go about changing the text colors in JUST the editor. talking about both of them. And in just one theme?

Have a new theme i am working on which is a dark based theme that uses white text which has caused the text in the editor to go white.

Here is a updated quick peak at what i have at this point.

Index with a added dropdown menu.
[attachment=13964]

Index with a PM alert.
[attachment=13965]

Post with a pop up menu for user info and the quote box.
[attachment=13966]

Post/thread display again but with the quick edit displayed.
[attachment=13967]

Lastly a forumdisplay view from the bottom displaying the menus.
[attachment=13968]

I basically dont wanna mess with the text color IF possible on the rest of that theme.

Oh and by all means both good and negative feedback is welcome on this theme.

Thanks.
The layout is very nice, but I don't quite like the colors, and the left-behind white background of the GIFs.
But I just personally like light themes, so you should just ignore my opinion.
However, I do strongly suggest replacing those GIFs with PNGs from the famfam icon set.
(2009-05-25, 01:05 PM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]The layout is very nice, but I don't quite like the colors, and the left-behind white background of the GIFs.
But I just personally like light themes, so you should just ignore my opinion.
However, I do strongly suggest replacing those GIFs with PNGs from the famfam icon set.

Thanks for the feedback. What images should be PNG's? I have no problems viewing either gif or png ( no white stuff ) on ff2, 3, or ie 7 and thus might not be seing what you are.

The small Off/On icons? Yes these have not been touched yet and have the white stuff. Some of the images are from famfam such as last post icons and Collapse. Others are ones i did on the fly. I do have a set of dark background smilies and even a few folder icons as well. Unsure about what i'll do with the stars/rating icons..

The large ones ( off/on/locked ) on index are intended to be that way with the white on the edge. These however i am still debating on. Have another set i may use as well. I'll probably switch them and post a image here to get feedback. Oh and this theme is still not complete. Still have a few tweaks such as the small off/on and a couple of other things.

I would have went with all blue text and blue outlines but figured that it would have made it hard on the eyes with trying to read some of the text on some parts of the forum. This too i am still debating a little.