MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Game section assistance please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi. i have tried going to the game section website for support, but it is down atm.

here is my issue:

i downloaded and installed the game section with no problems, however, when i go to add a game in the acp, i get the following error:

The following errors were encountered:

There wasn't a flash file in the tar archive, or it couldn't be copied
There wasn't a gif1 file in the tar archive, or it couldn't be copied
There wasn't a gif2 file in the tar archive, or it couldn't be copied

this occurs with every game i have tried to install.

am i putting the games in the wrong folder? where do you put games once you download them?

do i have to download the game directly to the computer my forum is on?

Please, any help with this matter would greatly be appreciated.
(2009-05-25, 05:29 AM)mirandaswow Wrote: [ -> ]hi. i have tried going to the game section website for support, but it is down atm.

here is my issue:

i downloaded and installed the game section with no problems, however, when i go to add a game in the acp, i get the following error:

The following errors were encountered:

There wasn't a flash file in the tar archive, or it couldn't be copied
There wasn't a gif1 file in the tar archive, or it couldn't be copied
There wasn't a gif2 file in the tar archive, or it couldn't be copied

this occurs with every game i have tried to install.

am i putting the games in the wrong folder? where do you put games once you download them?

do i have to download the game directly to the computer my forum is on?

Please, any help with this matter would greatly be appreciated.

If you are downloading them from someplace like IBproarcade.com then you get a tar file.

For that you just download the game to your computer from whatever site you are getting them from and then go to ACP and Gamesection and then Add Game Tar and upload the file there. The system will do the rest. Smile

IF by chance you have opened the Tar file on your computer then you need to upload the files of it to the correct arcade directories. How many files depends on the game as some have just 3 while others 5. I dont bother with this and do the other way above usually.
see i've done it both ways and still get the error.

im not sure if there is somethig i missed with the download of the actual section. everything else works, even pacman...but adding a game just isnt working. Sad
(2009-05-25, 06:06 AM)mirandaswow Wrote: [ -> ]see i've done it both ways and still get the error.

im not sure if there is somethig i missed with the download of the actual section. everything else works, even pacman...but adding a game just isnt working. Sad

May i ask what game you are trying to add?

And do me a favor and upload the game to your computer i have added below and then as said above go to your ACP /Gamesection and then Add Game tar. browse to the folder you downloaded the game i am giving ( Asteroids ) and select it and then hit the Save button.

Game file.
[attachment=13969]

let me know if that works. It should as i have it on my own site. If pacman is working then all of your files are there for the arcade system itself and thus i doubt that is the issue.
same error.

Sad

btw, i really appreciate your help, and anyone else who may shed some light on this issue.

I run a gaming forum, so only having pacman for my members is kinda aggravating for me.
(2009-05-25, 06:37 AM)mirandaswow Wrote: [ -> ]same error.

Sad

btw, i really appreciate your help, and anyone else who may shed some light on this issue.

I run a gaming forum, so only having pacman for my members is kinda aggravating for me.

Link to your site?
(2009-05-25, 06:46 AM)mirandaswow Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.underworldprivategaming.com/forum/

Just registered with same nic as here. So drop me a pm there. Gonna need temp ACP access. basically wanna start by seing if i can add a game myself.

Thanks.
alrighty.

thank you. Smile
just chmod the game section folders to 777
/admin/games
/arcade
/games
Pages: 1 2