MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions problems for non-moderators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A while back I upgraded from 1.2.x to 1.4.4, at first I never noticed any problems with the forums but recently people started reporting permissions issues to me. Today I updated to 1.4.6 in the hope that would solve the problem but it remains the same.

I've narrowed it down to what seems to be any new forums or sub forums I've created, people who don't have admin rights but all the permissions to view/post/etc in them areas can post a thread in them, then they get a permissions error from that forum/subforum and when they check back, they can't view anything in there, even their own thread, but it is there, us administrators can see it.

I created a test account, masked my test as a Jr Member and can provide you with the following screenshots:

Here is when I went into an area accesible by a Jr. Member, there were no topics showing, however there should've been three or four.

[Image: errorss1.jpg]

On the admin CP, there is a tick in everybox on the permissions for this forum and it's parent forum for Jr Member.

I created a new thread:

[Image: errorss2.jpg]

Then it told me my thread had been posted and it was re-directing me, before directing me to this error:

[Image: errorss3.jpg]

It didn't lie, the thread had been posted but once again there was nothing showing in that subforum, until I logged out of the test account and in as myself(an administrator) and then the thread was there for me.

As I said, to my knowledge this is happening on new sections of the forums and with people who do not have moderator or admin rights (almost everyone).

If anyone could help me, I'd really appreciate it. I've checked through the board settings and can't find anything that may fix the problem, if I don't get a fix, I fear I might have to do away with those forums altogether and start from scratch.

Thanks,

Mayz
Make sure 'Can view threads within forum' is selected by clicking on Edit Permissions or Set Permissions next to the usergroup, when editing permissions for a forum.
There's a tick in every box on the parent forum and this subforum for the mask I was using. Huh

EDIT: How bizarre, I just got to what you mean. THANKS.
Even in the advanced permissions?? What you're describing, your first screenshot in particular, is what people will encounter if the 'Can view threads in this forum' setting is unticked in 1.4.5/6...
Yeah, sorry. I tried to edit my first reply before you responded again. Smile