MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Is Locked Out Completely
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought a site from a friend on another site, it took a very long time to get the site up and running again because we ran into issues with my hosting site taking their sweet time as well as database issues.

It seems, however, that the database issues are still yet to be corrected.

I am unable to login to my forum, so I used the reset password function, which worked perfectly and flawlessly...except, it didn't reset my password at all Undecided

So I went through my CPanel and went to phpmyadmin and went directly into the database and changed my password from there. When I went to login again, it STILL hadn't changed my password.

The reason I bought this domain was because of the traffic it was getting, but because of the length of time the site was down to the trouble's we're still having with the database, I not only fear that our traffic may be at a loss, but also that the data in the database may also have to be erased and the site may have to start afresh.

This is NOT what I want to happen AT ALL. I want to preserve the site's original feel for the members so that their change of administrator isn't as much a shock to them, but if I can't correct the issues we're having with the database I'll be forced to completely redo the entire site from scratch again and hope and pray that our members return.

Site Information:

http://www.gamersregion.net/forum/index.php

Mybb 2.4.* (I am unsure exactly what version we're on because i can't login to verify).

Can anyone assist me with this please?
I noticed there is two admins listed. is the other admin able to sign on? If the other admin can then try having that user reset your password.
(slightly different problem)

I am the only admin, cannot login
I ask for password change request
get new password
but then it asks for image verification, BUT there is no image! Huh
Informative... why 'can't you login'?? What error is there?? What version are you running??