MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass move users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I move all users from a group to another in the ACP? I coulnd't find the tool to do this and I can't do it manually, since I have to move 800+ users.
Thanks in advance,
Enom
If you wish to change the primary user group, note the gid's of both groups first. Assuming old gid=5 and new gid=6, execute:
UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup=6 WHERE usergroup=5;

Assuming 'mybb_' is your table prefix.
(2009-05-27, 06:17 AM)sayakb Wrote: [ -> ]If you wish to change the primary user group, note the gid's of both groups first. Assuming old gid=5 and new gid=6, execute:
UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup=6 WHERE usergroup=5;

Assuming 'mybb_' is your table prefix.

Also make sure to back up your database in case somethign goes wrong.
Thanks for the help.
It could be a nice tool for the next version, what do you think?
Not sure how often people are going to need to move everyone from one group to another... why couldn't you just rename the group??
Because I'm moving all people from "awaiting activation" group to the "members" group.
Many forum systems have this tool, and it isn't that hard to make this tool with PHP (I'm a programmer too).
Oh, I have a feeling that's being considered for 1.6 in that case then, an 'activate all users' button or something like that.